Local Village Foods - Roselle 70g
Checkout Securely with
Food is our currency for connection.
Local Village was founded on a vision for a network of vibrant, local agri-preneurs across the continent supplying equitably sourced and sustainably grown indigenous African ingredients to the global village.
We are an aspirational brand, we celebrate our shared humanity through culinary diversity.
Brew up an authentically african flower tea with Local Village Foods Roselle. This traditional tea is deliciously tart, much like cranberry or rosehip tea.
This deep red tea is best served sweet and chilled as a digestif or dessert tea.
Brew up a traditional dessert tea with Local Village Foods Roselle.
- Indigenous African hibiscus flower
- Makes a sweet tea with tart flavour similar to rosehips
- Natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- High in antioxidants
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
How to make Roselle Tea:
- Set 16 pieces of dried roselle aside.
- Bring 2 litres of water to boil over a high heat.
- Pour in 1 cup of your favour sugar (we love coconut blossom sugar!).Place the roselle pieces into the boiling water.
- Lower the heat to a slow boil.
- Leave to draw on the stove for 15 minutes or until the water turns deep red.
- Strain the liquid into a hot-liquids safe jug.
- Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with ice.